SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
DEVELOPMENT | DALLAS / FORT WORTH OFFICE
Mark Smith is a Sr. Vice President of Commercial Development for Henry S. Miller Equity Partners. He focuses on the development and renovation of retail centers. With the dramatic growth of the population in outlying suburbs of the Dallas-Fort Worth market, Mr. Smith has found his niche in developing small to medium sized upscale shopping centers in these areas. He is currently looking for well-positioned retail sites, land to buy for development within two years and existing retail centers with strong upside potential.
- Prior to joining Henry S. Miller in 2015, Mr. Smith headed his own firm, Mark R. Smith Co., Inc., which developed and leased retail centers in growing markets around DFW including Irving, Grapevine, McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Celina and others. He also developed warehouse projects and managed small to midrise office buildings. A Dallas native, Mark started his real estate career in 1970 and worked for several commercial real estate firms including Hudson & Hudson Realtors, Coldwell Banker Management Company, Harrison Freedman Commercial and Cencor Realty Services.
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member of North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors (and current Board member)
- Former Board Member of Mercy Street, a non profit faith-based organization that mentors children from 4th to 12th grade in the Dallas Independent Schools located in West Dallas
- Former Board member of Dallas Real Estate Ministries (DREM)
- Formerly served with his wife, Jeanie, at the Dallas Advocacy League
- Former Board Member of Our Friends Place which provides care for young ladies from ages 18-24 that suffer from abuse, neglect and abandonment