SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
DEVELOPMENT | DALLAS / FORT WORTH OFFICE
Mark Smith is an experienced Senior Vice President of Commercial Development at HSM Equity Partners, Inc., specializing in the development and renovation of retail centers and industrial sites. As the population in surrounding suburban areas continues to rapidly grow, Mr. Smith has capitalized on this trend, identifying and acting upon the opportunity to develop small-to-medium upscale shopping centers in these regions. His focus is now primarily on locating viable retail sites for purchase and development within two years as well as existing retail buildings that offer strong growth potential. He has recently expanded his operations to include the acquisition of industrial land for investment and development within the Dallas-Fort Worth area, targeting areas that accommodate 30,000 – 100,000 sq. ft. buildings. As a leader with a keen eye for detail, Mr. Smith is continually assessing new opportunities and exploring innovative ways to leverage them for his clients’ benefit.
- Prior to joining Henry S. Miller in 2015, Mr. Smith headed his own firm, Mark R. Smith Co., Inc., which developed and leased retail centers in growing markets around DFW including Irving, Grapevine, McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Celina and others. He also developed warehouse projects and managed small to midrise office buildings. A Dallas native, Mark started his real estate career in 1970 and worked for several commercial real estate firms including Hudson & Hudson Realtors, Coldwell Banker Management Company, Harrison Freedman Commercial and Cencor Realty Services.
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member of North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors (NTCAR)
- Former Board Member of Mercy Street, a non profit faith-based organization that mentors children from 4th to 12th grade in the Dallas Independent Schools located in West Dallas
- Former Board member of Dallas Real Estate Ministries (DREM)
- Formerly served with his wife, Jeanie, at the Dallas Advocacy League
- Former Board Member of Our Friends Place which provides care for young ladies from ages 18-24 that suffer from abuse, neglect and abandonment